Monday, December 23, 2013

Joe Stiglitz on Trust (and abuse of trust)

This piece is interesting for several reasons, among them how many course themes show up in it.  It is regrettable in that much of this ends up being cast as left-right politics.  I suppose nowadays it is impossible to avoid national politics in representing the issues.

There was another piece in the paper today of interest (on the abuse of trust issues).  This one was about Affluenza, a word I hadn't heard before (and likewise for my spell checker).  I suspect that some fraction of you will become highly successful business-wise post graduation.  I hope that success doesn't erode your concern for others and that you can keep some sense of the positive value of gift exchange, even as you do well in your business careers.

No comments:

Post a Comment